Assistant Librarian, Graduate Research & Engagement Librarian
Assistant Librarian - Graduate Research & Engagement Librarian
The University of Wyoming Libraries invites applications for a Graduate Research & Engagement Librarian in the Research & Instruction Department. This librarian will serve as the Libraries’ liaison to the School of Graduate Education and social science or STEM subject areas to be determined. This role includes developing a clear understanding of the teaching, research, and scholarly communication practices in liaison areas; providing research consultation and instructional support as needed; and engaging with and communicating with liaison units on behalf of the Libraries.
As a member of the Research & Instruction department, the incumbent will contribute to departmental projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Libraries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as liaison librarian for departments to be determined by incumbent's background and department needs
- Maintain awareness of the university’s graduate programs
- Coordinate Research & Instruction workshop series
- Design and execute research workshops and/or engagement activities for a graduate student audience
- Support thesis and dissertation research and publishing
- Participate in open access initiatives including the Libraries Open Educational Resources program
- Participate in library instructional initiatives and research help services as a member of the Research & Instruction team
- Develop learning resources such as research guides, instructional video and online tutorials to support asynchronous learning
This position reports to the chair of Research & Instruction.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw-reg-2-1-approved-10-14-20.pdf).
UW Libraries is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment. Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/. For more information on UW Libraries, please visit http://uwyo.edu/libraries
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.