LIBRARIAN I or II, CHILDREN’S SERVICES
Sonoma County Library
Announces an Employment Opportunity
LIBRARIAN I or II, CHILDREN’S SERVICES – CENTRAL
40 HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
Do find joy in bringing library service to the community through innovative programs and outreach? Are you most at home in dynamic, busy library spaces where you can use your librarian skills to present storytimes and STEM programs, help community members access technology, and communicate all the library has to offer? If this sounds like you, we are seeking a Children’s Services Librarian for the Central Santa Rosa Library
to be part of our team. This position is Spanish bilingual preferred.
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience:
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the community.
- Deliver innovative children’s programming such as storytimes, STEM programs, music and movement, book clubs, and more.
- Field questions at the service desk from patrons of all ages, and provide accurate, efficient and courteous responses to reference, reader’s advisory, and patron account inquiries.
- Employ curiosity and empathy as you help community members develop digital literacy skills.
- Perform collection maintenance work such as weeding and identifying items in need of replacement, and collaborating with the Collection Development team to ensure the collection is relevant, current, represents the community, and serves both the entertainment and education needs of the community.
- Work alongside other branch staff to maintain a safe and welcoming space, through explaining library policies and procedures consistently to patrons and fellow staff, and through proactively dealing with issues as they arise.
- Create fun and informative social media content to reach and engage with our digital audience. Craft press releases and other pieces to support the work of the Library’s Marketing Committee and communications staff in promoting library programs and services to the community.
- Be an active and vital part of the highly collaborative part of the Youth Services team and support and be supported by fellow staff throughout the organization.
- If hired at the Librarian II level, the librarian will perform these tasks and will also provide leadership to other staff in accomplishing these, and will also serve as Person-In-Charge when the Branch Manager is absent.
Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university. The Librarian II requires two years of appropriate professional experience working as a professional librarian, preferably in a public library. Must have a valid California driver’s license. Spanish bilingual skills preferred.
SALARY RANGES: Librarian I - $34.70/hour to $43.35/hour
Librarian II - $36.44/hour to $45.52/hour
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Monday, November 20, 2023
Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library
to apply. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
For positions with 4-year degree+ requirements,
please upload three (3) professional references to your application. These references will not be contacted until after interview with your consent.
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
LIBRARIAN I or II, CHILDREN’S SERVICES
||Sonoma County Library
||Rohnert Park, CA
|Posting Start Date:
||Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university. The Librarian II requires two years of appropriate professional experience working as a professional librarian, preferably in a public library. Must have a valid California driver’s license. Spanish bilingual skills preferred.
||This listing expires on: 12/29/2023