Program & Event Technician
Number of Hours Per Week:
Additional Work Hours Information:
20 hour work week. A flexible schedule is required including working evenings, Saturdays and Sundays in support of programs and events.
L435-701 (ID# 613)
CPLSA, MSLA, Local 4928
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: With significant input from the department manager and library leadership team, the Program & Event Technician is responsible for booking and executing a dynamic slate of programs, events, and exhibits for the Cambridge Public Library.
- Represents the Library at programs ensuring a positive experience for presenters and attendees, smooth operations and effectively handles any last-minute changes; may pick up, greet and introduce speakers.
- Serves as primary contact for all room and program requests; reserves all library meeting and program spaces for staff, city departments and community groups through booking software; maintains public online events calendar.
- Manages event timelines and budgets.
- Provides program and event support for Library staff and City Departments; collaborates and builds strong relationships with community groups, local businesses, colleges, universities, and nonprofits to deliver outstanding and varying programs and events for an urban community.
- Organizes event logistics such as room setup, audiovisual equipment testing and maintenance, program materials, refreshments, supplies, and more.
- Ensures all programming and event details are complete, up to date, and properly documented; demonstrates continuous effort to enhance the quality of programming and improve processes.
- Extends the community's access to programming through recording and livestreaming technology and partnerships with organizations such as 22-CityView and CCTV.??
- Advances the Library as a desired destination for major authors publicizing new releases, organizations and performers and proactively seeks new opportunities with them.
- Works closely with the department manager to effectively and creatively promote events in a timely fashion resulting in well-attended programs; prepares monthly and annual program statistics using booking software.
- Any other duties as required for the good of the Library.
Program & Event Technician
||Cambridge Public Library
||$33.57 - $38.34 per hour
|Posting Start Date:
Education and Experience:?High school diploma or high school equivalency and demonstrated customer service experience is required. In exceptional instances, specialized education, training and/or experience may be substituted for part or all of the required elements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's degree or coursework beyond high school level is strongly preferred. At least two years of experience in event planning, program coordination, library programming, and/or hospitality is strongly desired. Library experience is desirable. Personal vehicle and valid driver's license strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Library’s mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
- Commitment to doing all work through a lens of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Exceptional customer service skills and commitment to public service.
- Ability to work with a diverse population in an urban setting.
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and project management skills, with the ability to set priorities, attend to many details and meet deadlines.?
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster teamwork and work collaboratively with peers and diverse groups of people from different departments and organizations. Sound judgment and problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle unexpected situations.??
- Proficiency and comfort with technology, including audiovisual equipment, booking software, and social media.??
- Flexibility to meet staffing needs during vacation periods and in emergencies.??
- The City of Cambridge's workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse.?? Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.???
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:?Physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including standard office equipment; transport carts of materials which can weigh more than 100 pounds across a level floor or on a ramp; carry baskets of materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Ability to listen, understand, interpret, and respond clearly to requests and questions. Regular contact is made with staff members, vendors, community partners, and the general public. Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on tasks despite frequent interruptions and moderate noise levels. Time management and the ability to set priorities in order to meet assignment deadlines is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:?Works in assigned area, including office areas, training rooms, library and city locations, and community partner locations as needed.
SCHEDULE: 20-hour work week assigned in the best interest of the library. A flexible schedule is required including working evenings, Saturdays and Sundays in support of programs and events. The initial schedule will be:
Tuesday, 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Thursday 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Please upload the following documents to complete your application:
||This listing expires on: 1/15/2024