Job listing: https://framingham.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=A53A393A7CF9C5A5EF3BE1DD5D1395B5?JOBID=140044
Evening/Weekend Circulation Desk Coordinator - Part Time Contractor
About Framingham State University:
Framingham State University is a vibrant comprehensive liberal arts institution located in the MetroWest suburbs of Boston, which integrates an academically challenging liberal arts education with workforce preparation programs. Founded in 1839, FSU enrolls about 4,000 undergraduates and 1,200 graduate and professional students. FSU offers 35 bachelor's degrees with 55 specialized concentrations, 63 minors, and 26 master's degree programs, in a highly personalized teaching environment. Our community takes pride in empowering student success by providing a superior education, leading research and innovation opportunities, and a strong first-year experience.
At FSU, we are deeply committed to inclusive excellence, encouraging a supportive, diverse and collaborative learning environment, and providing culturally relevant education. We are honored that our commitment earned FSU six Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Awards from INSIGHT Into Diversity and that we are the only public institution in Massachusetts recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020. FSU is designated as an emerging Hispanic-Serving Institution by the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities and also belongs to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Inclusive Excellence community, providing national leadership in science education and exploring strategies that will lead to more inclusive science education. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.
Our founding motto, LIVE TO THE TRUTH, was said at the end of each class by beloved first principal, Cyrus Peirce, who sought to discover and teach "truth in theory and principle...truth in spirit and motive...truth in manner and form...truth intellectual and truth moral." Principal Bagnall found this motto "speaks of sincerity of spirit...of intensity of effort, of resolution to succeed, of joy in achievement." LIVE TO THE TRUTH continues to guide our institution in practice and endeavor. If you share in this quest for truth and a commitment to living it fully, make the next chapter of your career the best chapter at Framingham State University.
Learn more about our career opportunities at www.framingham.edu/careers
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Access Services Librarian, the Evening/Weekend Circulation Desk Coordinator is responsible for supporting our students, faculty, and administrators with accessing relevant resources and technologies in Whittemore Library.
Access Services Librarian and Library Dean
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the evening/weekend use of the library, providing a quiet secure environment for study space and access to various resources.
- Provide task instruction and demonstration to student assistants in accordance with library procedures and standards.
- Monitor library activities and reporting any unusual situations to the Campus Police.
- Lock front doors at closing.
- Answer phone inquiries and assist in-house library patrons.
- Collect and secure funds and perform other Access Services functions, as required.
- Communicate regularly with the Access Services Librarian and/or the Library Dean regarding any special instructions or information.
- During summer and other breaks, assist with shelving and paging during hours that the library is open.
- Assign student assistants stack duties, monitor their progress, and make sure that they record their accomplishments in Canvas.
- Solicit substitutes for students who are unexpectedly absent using student contact list.
- Create nightly/daily report of activities and observations to be emailed for the Dean and Head of Access Services.
- Provide feedback on student assistants to Access Services Librarian to be considered in evaluation of student assistants in November each year.
This is a part-time non-benefited, contract position, not to exceed 18 hours per week. The scheduled hours are insert scheduled hours or flexible. The pay rate is $16.00 per hour.
It is the policy of Framingham State University that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin employment. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all individuals hired by FSU, to be verified after a verbal offer of employment has been accepted, and before employment begins. Prospective employees may submit a request for a medical or religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement to Human Resources. Furthermore, FSU employees must wear a mask inside campus buildings.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must apply online by submitting:
- Cover Letter,
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
For full consideration, application materials must be received by December 30, 2021.
Framingham State University only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery. If you experience technical issues with the online application process, please submit a helpdesk ticket
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530 or email@example.com