San Diego Community College District
San Diego City College
San Diego City College is a Hispanic-serving institution and one of four colleges in the San Diego Community College District. Under the direction of the Dean of Information and Learning Technology, the Equity and Outreach Librarian will assist in the planning, organization, coordination, and implementation of various library services and programs as assigned. This 12-month San Diego City College faculty position begins at the Assistant Professor level. All San Diego City College Librarians adhere to the ALA Code of Ethics and share responsibility for departmental and faculty functions including reference services; collection management; instruction; development and assessment of student learning outcomes; liaison relationships with the faculty regarding instruction, collections, and open educational resources (OER); outreach and library promotion; committee work; program review; planning; accreditation; as well as all other duties necessary to provide quality library services and resources.
The Equity and Outreach Librarian will design, implement, and manage the promotion of a variety of library services and programs designed to fit the needs of City College students, especially those disproportionately impacted. Through effective outreach and marketing, this active and outgoing candidate will strive to reach students where they are and work towards improving student success and retention by raising awareness and use of library services and resources. Primary duties include building and maintaining relationships with the campus community; coordinating library involvement in events and programs; developing marketing strategies promoting library resources and services; teaching in the library information literacy instruction program; coordinating library’s social media presence; providing an equity-based lens for resources and services; and being an advocate for the diverse populations in the San Diego City College community.
NOTE: All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions, unless otherwise specified.
Master’s in library science, library and information science,
• Experience in the design and implementation of innovative outreach efforts and marketing for the library connecting underserved and disproportionately impacted populations with library services.
• Experience in outreach, instruction, programming, and creating campus partnerships to effectively support a range of student experiences with the library.
• Evidence of the ability to connect and coordinate library involvement with student success efforts on campus, including but not limited to student success initiatives, programs, and events.
• Experience creating content for academic library social media pages, print and electronic promotional materials, and other emerging technologies.
• Experience with Libguides and/or other library content management systems.
• Experience working independently and collaboratively with colleagues to support instruction program.
• Experience and/or demonstratable skills in marketing library services and resources to students, faculty, and staff.
• Experience providing an equity-minded and outreach lens in the development, assessment, and continuous improvement of library’s collection and services in collaboration with librarian colleagues.
• Evidence of working collaboratively with classroom and non-classroom faculty to create and support professional development on understanding and incorporating library services into instructional practices and student support services.
• Experience advocating for underserved populations in providing library services to students
• Experience in instruction, collection management, and reference services in a variety of modalities.
• Evidence of cooperation among colleagues through open and honest communications and consideration of others’ ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
• Flexibility and receptiveness to new ideas, methods, duties, or organizational changes.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in both individual and group capacities.
• Bilingual, Spanish desired.
• Other duties as assigned.
Class 1, Step C – Class 6, Step C ($6,652.70 – $8,490.72) per month based on the current https://www.sdccd.edu/docs/HumanResources/employee%20relations/Salary%20Schedules/AFT%20Contract%20Faculty%20Salary%20Schedule%20eff%20Jan%201%202023.pdf
Initial salary placement for this Assistant Professor is commensurate with required education and related teaching experience as outlined in section A2.1 of the https://www.sdccd.edu/docs/HumanResources/employee%20relations/Collective%20Bargaining%20Agreements/Current%20CBA%20Handbooks/SDCCD%20Faculty%20CBA%20AGREEMENT_07122023.pdf and it is non-negotiable.
The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid medical, dental, vision plans, sick leave, and opportunities for professional development. This position is FLSA Exempt and may not accrue overtime. Benefits will be provided under the terms of the AFT-Guild, Local 1931 – Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement. Annual Salaries will be recalculated for service less than a full academic year based on Education Code §87815, any required adjustment will be made within the first pay period. Travel reimbursement for interviewees traveling more than 200 miles, one-way, may be paid according to geographic location (see SDCCD Travel Stipend Policy, Rev 7/14/2011). Typically, Assistant Professors earn tenure after 4 years and promote to Associate Professor. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4917076
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.