Research and User Services Coordinator/ Liaison Librarian (Assistant Professor of Library Services)
The University mission is to establish CSU Pueblo as the people’s university of the southwest United States by 2028. Our success will be measured by the resilience, agility, and problem-solving abilities of our diverse population, and the ways in which our graduates are able to navigate work in a rapidly changing world.
The Colorado State University Pueblo Library actively develops and empowers the campus community by integrating information literacy across the curriculum and providing collections, spaces, and services that facilitate learning, research, and innovation for a diverse and inclusive community.
Description of Job
**All responsibilities of faculty members at CSU Pueblo are in accordance with the Faculty Handbook. The Faculty Handbook is the authoritative guide on specific requirements with regard to teaching assignments, scholarly activity, research, and service.
This position leads the library’s efforts to support faculty research and teaching and student learning by coordinating the library’s research support services. This includes the Research Help Desk, virtual reference services, and all individualized research support services for faculty and students. Leads department in assessment efforts to ensure research services are effective. Develops and implements user services for the library including but not limited to new faculty/student orientation and tours. Coordinates the library’s services to non-academic units and the library’s partnership with the Pueblo CityCounty Library District. Works with the acquisitions department to coordinate collection development for the Education, Research, and Outreach Services Division (EROS).
Oversees and assesses the delivery of services to the library’s users both in-person and virtually. Ensures that the library’s user services align with current best practices.
As a member of the Education, Research, and Outreach Division, the Liaison Librarian is involved and engaged in the entire life cycle of research, teaching and learning, and outreach processes. The position collaborates with and supports faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum and achieve library student learning outcomes, providing course-specific instruction sessions, assignments, and research support, creating research guides and/or tutorials, identifying library materials relevant to the course to embed in online learning management systems, and providing consultation to faculty and students in the department. In addition, the Liaison Librarian provides a full range of subject specific library services to include collection development, consultation, instruction, reference services, and assessment and proactively engages in scholarship and service.
Coordinate the library’s research support services including but not limited to:
Coordinate the library’s user services efforts, including but not limited to:
- Manage regular provision of existing face-to-face and electronic research support services to students, faculty, and community patrons
- Train Research Help Desk student employees
- Supervise evening/weekend library staff
- Schedule library faculty for weekly chat reference shifts
- Provide training and support to Research Help Desk staff in using technologies and following guidelines for research services.
- Promote research services
- Assess and evaluate research services
- Strengthen the library’s research services to facilitate and support faculty research and student learning; develop new models and services to meet faculty and student needs.
- Coordinate research support with related academic support areas of the university
- Ensure library research services are accessible to all students both on and off-campus and regardless of physical ability
Serve as liaison to the College of Health, Education, and Nursing :
- Work with the Dean to plan for projects to ensure the library’s user services are up-to-date and align with current best practices
- Plan and deliver orientations for new faculty members and students
- Provide direction on usability of library’s virtual presence including the library’s website and ILS
- Coordinate services to non-academic units and Extended Studies
Performs sustained inquiry into one’s discipline leading to practical application within the library as well as research resulting in published or presented scholarly output.
- Collaborate with and support faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum and achieve library student learning outcomes
- Providing course-specific instruction sessions, assignments, and research support
- Participate in library assessment processes for student learning outcomes
- Create research guides, instructional videos, and/or online tutorials
- Identify library materials relevant to courses to embed in Blackboard, place on reserve, or include in course packs
- Provide consultation to faculty and students related to research, information literacy, and scholarly communication.
- Manage collection development for assigned subject areas
- Provide reference services in multiple modalities including face-to-face, chat, video, and email as scheduled (possibly including some nights or weekends)
Serves the library, the university, and the profession through active membership on boards, committees, panels, etc.
Research and User Services Coordinator/ Liaison Librarian (Assistant Professor of Library Services)
|Colorado State University Pueblo
|50,000 - 55,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Master’s degree in Library Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) from an ALA accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and commitment to serving diverse populations and learners.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Nursing, Education, or related field
- Expertise in remote delivery of research services
- Experience planning or coordinating research support services
- Experience assessing library services
- Supervisory experience
- Reference and instruction experience in an academic library
- Experience at a regional comprehensive university
- Experience at a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI)
- Experience in a position that required excellent customer service
- Experience in a position requiring collaboration with diverse groups and effective communication of ideas
- Demonstrated experience planning and leadership skills, with prior experience requiring working independently, taking initiative, and setting goals and priorities
- Demonstrated experience in a position requiring successful management of a team of employees to achieve results
$50,000 - $55,000
All interested candidates must apply through the online application system. No other format of application materials will be accepted.
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
Additionally, applicants must include current contact information for three professional references, either within the online application or as an attachment.
- a letter of intent (cover letter)
- a current resume or CV
- unofficial or official transcripts showing required degree conferred
Applications submitted without the required attachments/information above will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the selection process. Once submitted, applicants will not be able to make changes or add information to their application packet, with the exception of their personal contact and demographic information.
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until filled, but those applications received prior to 5pm (MST) on Thursday, February 22nd, 2024, will receive full consideration.
About Colorado State University Pueblo
Colorado State University Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small student-to-faculty ratio for an ever-changing global economy.
Students can choose from 38 undergraduate programs with 70 fields of study in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; the Hasan School of Business, the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences; and the College of Health, Education, and Nursing; and 15 graduate programs.
CSU Pueblo is dedicated to interdisciplinary learning and entrepreneurship that elevates our people and our community, creates educational opportunities, fosters unique collaborations, and supports inclusion, access, and affordability as a gateway to the world. CSU Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students.
Among its unique features, CSU Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of STEM houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
Colorado State University Pueblo offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible benefit plan
- Basic term life insurance
- Voluntary term life and AD&D lnsurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Travel accident insurance
- Voluntary critical illness and accident insurance
- Annual and sick leave
- Retirement plans
Other benefits include:
- Employee and dependent tuition discounts
- State employee discounts via BenefitHub
- Various on-campus event, recreation, and meal discounts
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year-round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
CSU Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources& Institutional Equity at (719) 549-2441 or email@example.com.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.
|This listing expires on: 3/24/2024