Assistant Librarian - Discovery Librarian
Assistant Librarian-Discovery Librarian
The University of Wyoming Libraries seeks a creative, collaborative, and patron-focused librarian to support world-class research and teaching through the active management of the library's discovery services. The librarian will oversee and coordinate technical support for the library’s discovery platforms; will configure data and web services to integrate collections into discovery; will serve as a member of the electronic resources selection, procurement, and management team; and will use analytics and data-driven decision making to improve the patron experience. The librarian will collaborate with library stakeholders to find, evaluate, and implement ways to make the library's collections more accessible and welcoming to the campus community.?
This position reports to Assistant Dean, Resource Discovery & Management.??
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, configure, and coordinate the UW Libraries discovery platforms (primarily found in Primo, related components in Alma, and Springshare products).?
- Oversee data and webservice integrations with vendor and other UW library systems and services such as repository, archival and digital collections systems.??
- Oversee the resolution of technical issues related to discovery.?
- Devise solutions that improve discovery based on observed data, analytics, and feedback gathered through regular analysis.??
- Provide support for the lifecycle of e-resource management from selection and procurement through evaluation and deselection.?
- Provide support for access and authentication to library resources through tools such as Shibboleth and EZ Proxy.??
- Keep up-to-date on current trends in discovery and libraries, including best practices in accessibility and patron experience.?
- Work with local, state, and national community partners and organizations to meet the university’s land grant mission of service to the state of Wyoming.?
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw_reg_2-1_approved_10-14-20.pdf).
UW Libraries are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment.? Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at?http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/.? For more information on UW Libraries, please visit https://www.uwyo.edu/libraries.
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Assistant Librarian - Discovery Librarian
|University of Wyoming Libraries
|Posting Start Date:
Please address all minimum qualifications in your application materials.
- ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in library/information science by start date.?
- Experience with or knowledge of library services platforms such as Alma, Sierra, Folio, Symphony, etc.?
- Experience with or knowledge of library discovery platforms such as Primo VE, Summon, EBSCO Discovery Service, etc.?
- Experience with or knowledge of integrating institutional repositories, vendor systems/services, and APIs into discovery platforms.??
- Experience with or knowledge of the challenges and opportunities related to providing accessible electronic resources to a diverse user population.???
- Experience with or knowledge of managing and troubleshooting access to electronic resources.?
- Experience with initiating, planning, coordinating, and implementing complex projects and services.?
*The UW Libraries is committed to providing candidates who meet the minimum qualifications with professional development funding and support to acquire skills and grow into positions.? While minimum qualifications must be met to proceed to the interview stage, preferred qualifications are not required. Applicants are encouraged to communicate how their work and other experiences would benefit this position and the organization?
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application:
- Resume or curriculum vitae.?
- Cover letter that addresses how your knowledge, skills, and abilities address the minimum and any desired qualifications.
- Contact information for four professional references.?
This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 02/23/2024 will receive full consideration.
Incomplete application packets may not be considered - please be sure to include all the noted required materials while applying!
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
|This listing expires on: 3/24/2024