Event Booking Specialist - Library (S05226P)
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Apply Now: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/27379
Internal Job Posting No: S05226P
Benefits at UTA: We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees at the University.
To help you understand the full value of these benefits, we have created a tool that calculates the total worth of your compensation package. This tool takes into account all of the benefits that you are eligible for, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. To access this tool and learn more about the total value of your benefits, please click on the following link:
Coordinates event logistics within the Libraries, managing space scheduling/reservations, catering, technology needs, and more. Collaborates with stakeholders, provides on-site support during events, and serves as a backup for accounts payable functions. Secondary duties can include handling budgetary administrative support, reconciles billing, and maintains tracking documentation for departmental workflows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates logistics for events taking place within the Libraries, including:
- space scheduling, catering, technology needs, event set-up and breakdown, parking, facilities needs, and communication and cooperation with Library Systems and Technology, the Community Engagement Events Team, and other stakeholders throughout the Libraries.
- Provides in-person support and assistance during set-up and throughout the event to ensure an extraordinary experience for event facilitators and attendees.
- Communicates with event contacts and Libraries budgets personnel to reconcile billing for all event related expenses.
- Serves as a backup to the Libraries’ Accounting Clerk for Libraries’ accounts payable functions and provides additional budgetary administrative support to the Director of Organizational Operations.
- Creates, updates, and facilitates tracking documentation for departmental workflows and processes including Contract Management, Service Level Agreements, Exclusive Acquisition Justification Forms, Contract Monitoring Worksheets, Memorandums of Understanding, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Event Booking Specialist - Library (S05226P)
|University of Texas at Arlington
|Posting Start Date:
- Associate’s degree with two (2) years experience in creating and coordinating reservations, catering, and events.
- Experience with Mazevo events management system or similar event management or room scheduling software.
- Experience in accounting.
- Experience in documentation handling, tracking, and coordination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective time management skills.
- Advanced customer experience skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Ability to excel in a changing university environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management.
- Project planning and management skills, involving designing, leading, and completing a project within its intended scope and timeline.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ Guiding Principles through daily actions and behaviors.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/27379
It is the policy of The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA or The University) to provide an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, and/or veteran status. The University also prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity, and gender expression. Retaliation against persons who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge of discrimination, or testify for, assist in, or participate in an investigative proceeding relating to discrimination is prohibited. Constitutionally-protected expression will not be considered discrimination or harassment under this policy. It is the responsibility of all departments, employees, and students to ensure the University’s compliance with this policy.
|This listing expires on: 3/26/2024