Librarian/Assistant Branch Manager
Are you a librarian who enjoys public service, who wants to make a difference in their community, who thrives on collaboration and teamwork and would love to be part of an award winning Library District? If so, Pueblo City-County Library District (PCCLD) has a fabulous opportunity for you!
Pueblo, Colorado is a wonderful place to live and work! A hometown vibe under big open skies, Pueblo is a hidden gem. The Historic Arkansas Riverwalk, Lake Pueblo State Park, Pueblo Zoo and the Colorado State Fair are outdoor favorites of the locals, not to mention hiking biking, kayaking, fishing and golfing opportunities practically year round!
PCCLD has an incredible opportunity for a Branch Librarian/Assistant Branch Manager at the Lamb library! This position provides professional expertise, based on knowledge of library principles, to develop and facilitate programs that link outside organizations and resources to the Library that best meet the needs of the community. The Librarian/Assistant Manager promotes program attendance, increase visits to the library and promote circulation of the Library’s materials and e-services.
This position reports to the Branch Manager and works as second in charge to manage daily operations at the Branch Library. The position also works closely with outside organizations and contractors to deliver programs and build partnerships. The position provides excellent customer service demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with people regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, ability level or background.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes facilitated Customer Service by proactively approaching customers to offer assistance. Assists customers with finding library materials and provides information to broaden their awareness of library resources and services.
- For youth focus will present story times, outreach programs to schools, and coordinates library reading programs and other programs for children; provides outreach services to schools and daycares.
- For adult focus will partner with outside organizations and businesses to meet the needs of the community; provide outreach services to senior living facilities and community service centers.
- Arranges programs for the public which promote the use of library materials and services.
- Creates bibliographies for public distribution.
- Limited supervisory responsibility as specifically delegated by the branch supervisor.
- Explains library regulations and procedures, and resolves basic patron issues.
- Works with Community Relations to promote programs and services.
- Provides public instruction in the use of library e-resources, computers, digital devices and other new resources and equipment available to customers.
- Gives tours, visits school and senior centers, and provides community outreach.
- Provides research assistance to customers using all resources available in the Library as well as accessing outside resources.
- Stays current on library use trends and suggests titles for purchase.
- Assists at the self-service station with fines, check-ins and check-outs.
- Prepares reports regarding programs as requested by the Branch Manager.
- Supports team efforts to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and staff by maintaining awareness of surroundings and working in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in regularly scheduled department meetings. Attends All Staff Development Days and other training sessions to acquire new skills and to stay current on all information that is pertinent to PCCLD.
- Reads daily organizational communications from intranet, e-mail, newsletters and print announcements. Stays current on all library services, programs and events throughout the district. Regularly accesses electronic time keeping, payroll and personnel employee access systems.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the Person in Charge (PIC) at other library locations occasionally; duties include oversight of safety, building security and of the security guard on duty.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education and Experience: Masters Degree in Library Science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association. One year of public library experience strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Position requires knowledge of books and collection development as well as excellent planning and program presentation skills for children and adults; particularly, expertise in developing and presenting creative children’s story times.
- A passion for working with children with a desire to promote children’s library experiences through dynamic and innovative programming.
- Ability to conduct complex reference interviews, to analyze requests and to apply research skills to locate specialized information or provide customers with alternative sources.
- Demonstrates courtesy and interest in providing high quality service to customers and displays a positive image.
- Participates willingly as a team member: builds and maintains positive working relationships and contributes to a productive working environment. Ability to function under flexible and changing conditions.
- Thorough knowledge of print and electronic reference tools and research techniques.
- Ability to use Internet and electronic databases.
- Ability to understand, accurately use, and teach the use of a variety of software programs, including various databases and the library’s computer system.
- Public speaking skills: comfortable speaking to a variety of audiences and age levels
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds and push /pull a fully loaded book cart weighing up to 200 pounds.
Other Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends. Must submit to and successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
Salary Range: $52,766.00 - $56,650.00 annual; $2,029.46 - $2,178.84 bi-weekly.
Benefits: PCCLD offers health insurance including a tele-health service, dental and vision insurance, HSA and FSA plans, employer paid life insurance, and 401(k) and PERA retirement plans. Full-time employees also receive paid vacation, sick, and personal leave.
Link to apply: https://pueblolibrary.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2910431&#job