The Librarian 2 is the mid level position in the Librarian job family. The Librarian 2 provides professional reference assistance to library patrons, plans a variety of library programs, and may supervise junior Library Associates. Responsible for collection development and may assist the circulation desk as needed. This position cooperates with other staff members to meet the needs of the public, community, and the library.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Plans, advertises, presents, and evaluates standard yet innovative library programs
- Responsible for selection, ordering and weeding of books, EBooks and other media
- Provide reference and reader’s advisory assistance
- Responsible for all aspects of collection development
- May serve as the liaison with the community and organizations serving the community
- Perform outreach activities to local schools, community agencies and organizations
- Create and administer website content for events and programming
- Create displays and flyers to advertise and promote daily activities
- Author grant applications to secure program funding
- Keep up with library and demographic trends to ensure the library is contemporary and utilizing best practices
- May supervise junior Library Associates which includes managing performance, evaluation, interviewing/hiring, training and approving timesheets
- Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library; in addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
- Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
- Other duties as assigned
||Library Systems and Services
|Posting Start Date:
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- MLS or MLIS degree required
- Three years librarian experience preferred
- Knowledge of and previous use of library databases and services including materials selection tools
- Ability to research and use a wide variety of library data bases
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; English/Spanish speaking a plus
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal guidance
- Good organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to move from place to place within the location; lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to (25) pounds and occasional up to (35) pounds such as files, books, stacks of paper, and other materials.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
||This listing expires on: 3/22/2022