LIBRARIAN III, ADULT SERVICES, Sonoma County Library
Sonoma County Library
Announces an Employment Opportunity
LIBRARIAN III, ADULT SERVICES-CENTRAL SANTA ROSA LIBRARY
40 HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
We are seeking a customer service driven library professional with excellent communication skills for our Central Santa Rosa Library. The ideal candidate will have strong outreach, technical, and training skills and be willing to work in a sometimes fast-paced and often vibrant “all ages” environment.
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position.
Under general supervision, this full-time, benefited position develops and participates in the full range of routine to complex professional library services for the community, including the development of programs and services; identification of current community needs and the projection of future needs; and performs related work as assigned.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in budget preparation and administration; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations; submits justifications for budget items; monitors and controls expenditures; performs grant-writing activities for assigned specialized area.
- Provides supervision to professional, technical, and paraprofessional staff and volunteers.
- Provides assistance to and advises patrons in the effective use of Library collection, facilities and services; demonstrates the use of library resources, tools, equipment, and electronic reference sources; assists with digital downloads.
- Performs outreach to the community, community organizations, and schools; informs community members and organizations about library services, programs, and collections to generate public support for library and fundraising efforts.
- Takes the lead in anticipating changes in community needs and changing technology and information services, and plans how to address needs and implement changes.
- Acts as the Person-in-Charge, including making responsible and appropriate decisions based upon patron and branch or unit needs.
- May participate in circulation functions at a public service desk as needed.
Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university; four (4) years of experience as a professional librarian. Must have a valid California driver’s license. Spanish bilingual skills are desired.
SALARY RANGE: Librarian III - $38.73/hour to $48.37/hour
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Monday, January 24, 2022
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Incomplete and/or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification from the recruitment process. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application,
written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Sonoma County Library has adopted a vaccination and testing policy to help mitigate transmission of COVID-19. All Sonoma County Library employees will be required to either have documented proof of full COVID-19 vaccination on file or consent to weekly COVID-19 testing.
RECRUITING PROTOCOL IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS COVID-19:
Pursuant to California Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020, and all applicable COVID 19 Shelter in Place Orders issued by the Sonoma County Health Officer, the recruiting process including interviews, testing, etc. will be held via teleconference or online, if possible, unless changes occur in the state and/or county health order.
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Sonoma County Library will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (707) 545-0831 extension 1591 as soon as possible to make arrangements for your accommodation. Requesting accommodations at least 3 working/business days before the scheduled event will help to ensure availability. For further information regarding disability accommodations provided by the Library and related matters, see the Library’s website at https://sonomalibrary.org/accessibility.
Sonoma County Library values diversity, empowerment, community, unity, kindness, connection, and equity. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the recruiting and hiring of staff.