Director, Library Programs and Services
Director, Library Programs and Services
Salary: See Position Description
Deadline: 4/2/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=194866
Cabrillo is seeking a Director of Library Programs and Services who plans, organizes, directs and integrates operations of the District's library programs and services, including all aspects of library administration, community and public relations, facilities management, effective stewardship and ongoing assessment of library resources; and performs related duties as assigned. The Director is in contact with the College leadership at all levels, other public and academic library leadership, other academic institutions, and various consortium for the purpose of furthering the mission and goals of the College library programs, planning, collaborating, and discussing issues of common interest, and resolving problems.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $85,754 to $120,664 per year. Salary placement is determined by documented education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $3,977 per year is provided to eligible employees.
Benefits: Cabrillo College currently provides a generous benefit stipend for employees plus dependents that employees apply towards benefit selections for medical, dental, life, and short-term/long-term disability insurance. Depending on health plan selections, in many cases full-time employee net out-of-pocket for benefit premiums may be as low as $0.
Classified administrators are required to join the Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS) and as such must contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to PERS on a pre-tax basis. Please see the Benefits link on the HR webpage for more information.
Work-Life Balance: This opportunity is a full time assignment, 12 months per year. Cabrillo administrators enjoy a 225-day work schedule, which equates to an average of 20 self-selected non-work days, 15 set holidays, and 3 individual responsibility days off annually. 12 days of sick leave accrue annually.
Cabrillo’s Commitment to Diversity: The ideal candidate will share Cabrillo's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. Cabrillo College serves approximately 11,400 students per term, of which 45.13% are LatinX, 5.26% multi-ethnic, 2.64% Asian, 1.25% African-American, 0.79% Filipino, 0.30% American Indian or Alaskan Native, and 0.18% Pacific Islander as of Fall 2018. At Cabrillo, 56.66% of students are students of color and 54.91% are economically disadvantaged. In 2006, Cabrillo College was designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
Cabrillo College has a tradition of collegial governance, and employees at all levels possess a long history of participatory governance in all levels of decision-making at the college. Cabrillo provides an excellent opportunity to learn, collaborate, create, and make a difference in the lives of its students and community.
Employees at Cabrillo College support quality programs and services to students that promote their diverse and evolving needs as they progress toward their individual educational goals. Come join us in our vision to improve the world, one student at a time!
Examples of Duties
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
• Leads by example to create a collegial, collaborative, and inclusive workplace, including engaging with staff, full-time faculty, and part-time faculty to create a shared strategic vision and form teams to resolve problems.
• Coordinates and provides leadership in the development of library services, collections, curriculum, and technologies; ensures that all courses and services are regularly reviewed and assessed; coordinates library representation on the curriculum committee; assists in developing the College Catalog
• Advocates for the integration of appropriate and emerging technologies into the library's services and operations; fosters forward-looking collection development and library initiatives that enhance student learning; coordinates with regional library partners to leverage shared resources; coordinates library system upgrades and migrations with Information Technology managers.
• Oversees the development, monitoring and maintenance of a variety of statistical reports and surveys on a monthly and annual basis; ensures that mandated federal and state reports are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
• Oversees short term and long term planning for the library facility; ensures appropriate safety measures are in place for the library facility.
• Plans, organizes, directs, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of all library staff, including faculty; with staff, develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve goals and objectives; contributes to development of and monitors performance against the annual department budget; manages and directs development, implementation and evaluation of plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards.
• Directs and manages the performance of assigned staff; directs and oversees the selection of managers and staff; establishes performance requirements and professional development targets for direct reports; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development including performance evaluations; accurate reporting of absence time; hears and acts on grievances; subject to concurrence by senior management and Human Resources, approves or takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with Board Policies, Administrative Procedures, Human Resources procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
• Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to ensure a high-performance, service-oriented work environment that supports achievement of the department's and District's mission, objectives, and values; promotes workplace diversity, inclusion, cultural competency and a positive work environment.
• With members of Senior Management, participates in the development and implementation of College strategic plans, goals and objectives including Guided Pathways; leads and directs department staff in the development and application of new methodologies, technologies and business process improvements to achieve higher efficiency, productivity and customer service in department work processes.
• Provides strategic vision and leadership for library programs and services by working effectively with District managers, administrators, faculty and staff as an advocate for the library in accord with the District's mission and in compliance with federal, state and institutional requirements.
• Makes presentations to the Board of Trustees, Cabinet and to other District groups.
• Serves on committees and represents the District at local, regional, state, and national conferences, meetings, workshops and training seminars.
• Participates in participatory governance committees, processes and initiatives.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
• Supervises library revenue-collection programs and processes ensuring all fiscal regulations are followed and safety measures are in place.
• Participates on special projects including accreditation.
• Performs related duties as assigned.