Communications Research Librarian
Carol Grotnes Belk Library at Elon University invites applications for the position of Communications Research Librarian
. We seek a librarian who is committed to cross-functional librarianship, interested in working in a creative and collaborative library environment, and eager to engage in the daily life of the university community. The Communications Research Librarian will provide dynamic and proactive expertise and leadership in meeting the information literacy, research, and curricular needs of undergraduate students, graduate students, and teaching faculty in the School of Communications through the development of engaged, innovative outreach initiatives and departmental support. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity that will support the inclusive climate within Belk Library
and the Elon University
community. Librarians of all experience levels with a demonstrated willingness to cultivate expertise and maintain knowledge of trends in the field of communications are encouraged to apply.
- Serves as liaison to programs in the Elon University School of Communications, including: Cinema & Television Arts, Communication Design, Journalism, Media Analytics, Sport Management, Strategic Communications, and the M.A. in Interactive Media
- Works collaboratively with faculty librarians and teaching faculty in the School of Communications to develop and deliver research support that enhances student learning and faculty research excellence
- Creates, teaches, and assesses information literacy initiatives to support the curricular needs of students and faculty in the School of Communications, Elon’s Core Curriculum, and first-year experience courses
- Cultivates new models of engagement with students and faculty in the School of Communications while marketing library services and resources and assessing the needs of those programs
- Develops and evaluates Belk Library’s collections and resources to support student and faculty curricular and research needs in the School of Communications
- As a faculty librarian, serves as a member of a collaborative cross-functional library team, shares in evening and weekend reference responsibilities, contributes to library committees and activities, and participates in local, state, regional, and national professional organizations
Communications Research Librarian
|Posting Start Date:
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program in library and/or information science
- Demonstrated willingness to cultivate expertise in librarianship focused on the field of communications
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with others as well as independently
- Enthusiasm and interest in engaged library instruction at all levels of the curriculum
- Commitment to professional development in the areas of librarianship, professional activity, and service
- Subject background in communications as evidenced by professional experience or coursework in relevant fields, or experience with librarianship focused on the field of communications.
- Interest in or knowledge of data literacy, data visualization, and related data practices in the communications field.
- Interest in or knowledge of current and emerging trends in scholarly communications, including research impact measurement, open educational resources (OER), and open access.
This is a 12-month, on-site, non-tenured staff with faculty rank position reporting to the Coordinator of Library Research and Scholarly Services.
Elon University has built a national reputation as a premier student-centered arts and sciences university that values strong relationships between students and their faculty and staff mentors. Elon is ranked among the top-100 National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, with a No. 1 ranking for excellence in undergraduate teaching and No. 9 for innovation. Global engagement is central to Elon’s experience and the Institute of International Education has ranked the institution No. 1 in the nation for study abroad for 16 straight years.
In addition, Elon is the only university in the nation ranked in the top-20 by U.S. News for excellence in all eight academic programs “Focused on Student Success.” Elon’s more than 7,000 students prepare to become the resilient, ambitious, and ethical leaders the world needs, putting their knowledge into action on campus, in the community and around the globe.
How to Apply:
A letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references must be submitted through the online application system (https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/8507) by Monday, May 2nd, 2022.
||This listing expires on: 7/10/2022