Adult Services Intership
The Piscataway Public Adult Services Library Internship offers an opportunity to learn
firsthand about librarianship. Those considering a career in the field, or interested in
learning more about libraries, are encouraged to apply. The internship will provide
an overview of librarianship including developing an understanding of how different
departments in the library work together, the basics of reference services, and the
range of work available in Library and Information Sciences.
Interns will be given resume-building projects with concrete outcomes that have
lasting effects on future library patrons.
- Completing all learning goals.
- Assisting librarians with planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating in-person and virtual programs that meet the interests and needs of the community
- Learning how to provide information, reference, and readers advisory services to all patrons
- Assisting Librarians with the maintenance of the print and nonprint collection
- Assisting user services staff with circulation services
- Building relationships with patrons
- Completing a resume-building project with concrete outcomes and lasting effects for library patrons.
- Other duties as assigned