Music and Dance Catalog Librarian
Job Title: Music and Dance Catalog Librarian
Job Classification: CFS-Professional
Posting close date: 6/30/2022
Start date of this position: 12/1/2022
Required Degree: MLS from an ALA-accredited institution including training in cataloging.
• Additional degree in an allied discipline such as music education/musicology preferred.
• Reading knowledge of multiple languages preferred.
• Knowledge and skills in applying cataloging and classification standards.
• Demonstrated interest in technical services and music library issues on the regional, national, or international level.
• Performs cataloging and catalog maintenance in both the local integrated system and OCLC. Creates and enhances OCLC master records as necessary and contributes original cataloging directly to OCLC.
• Performs descriptive cataloging (according to the cataloging standard Resource Description and Access [RDA]), subject/genre cataloging, and classification of materials in all formats for HBLL General and Special Collections.
• Publishes significant and original contributions relevant to the library profession and/or individual’s discipline of expertise.
• Contributes subject authority work as needed through the SACO program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full job description.
Information required at the time of application – Please list the individual contact information for each of your three recommenders on the faculty application. At some point during the selection process they may be contacted to submit their letters of reference electronically
Document(s) required at the time of application - Please attach your updated Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to the faculty application.
Brigham Young University is an equal opportunity employer. All faculty are required to abide by the university’s Honor Code and Dress & Grooming Standards. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Successful candidates are expected to support and contribute to the academic and religious missions of the university within the context of the principles and doctrine of the affiliated church.
Equal Opportunity Employer: m/f/Vets/Disability
Interested applicants should apply to our YJobs faculty posting #109562 at yjobs.byu.edu or contact email@example.com for instructions on how to apply to this position.