Public Service Supervisors - Evergreen & Conifer Library
Public Service Supervisor - Evergreen & Conifer Libraries
Jefferson County Public Library
Apply By June 27th 2022
$54,945.13 to $70,055.04
The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Public Supervisor provides a consistent quality customer experience in core Library services on the phone, in person and/or on the web. Expends/audits system resources with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over those resources. Supervises staff under their area of responsibility. Supervises access to resources, including the physical and virtual resources of the system. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology. Position reports to the Public Services Manager.
- SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff about Library services and trends in customer service. Models best behavior practice for customer service. Maintains Library resources, including physical and virtual, so that residents have equal access to information and ideas. Implements quality assurance methods in programs presented in their location, including off-site locations as directed.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff about Library services and trends in customer service. Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives. Applies input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks. Applies established industry benchmarks in service provision as directed. Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Provides input for location/core service budget, audits spending per established procedures, and limits. Participates in annual planning for Library services. Provides input for anticipated local and system needs. Communicates goals and strategic priorities to direct reports. Ensures compliance with budget limits and established purchasing procedures with staff under their supervision.
- Supervises staff in area of responsibility. Administers and makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, granting leave, appraisals, and taking corrective action. Conducts performance evaluations and communicates short- and long-term goals and objectives. Submits personnel records and reports as required by the County. Assists and advises subordinates as necessary, resolves problems as non-routine situations arise, and ensures adherence to established policies, procedures and standards. Communicates changes in policy and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position supervises the Patron Experience Staff at two locations: Evergreen Library - Evergreen, CO 80439 and Conifer Library - Conifer, CO 80433
Preferred - Masters degree in Library Science (MLS) or Library Information Systems (MLIS).
Preferred - One year supervisory experience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.