Adult Services Librarian (Bilingual)
Apply online for this postion here:
The City of McMinnville is committed to supporting a culture of accountability, equity, and inclusion for all, especially underrepresented groups. We have much to learn as a City and we are committed to continuing the ongoing, difficult, and essential work needed to address institutional/structural racism and historical inequities in all forms.
McMinnville is home to many qualified people, including women, veterans, Black, Indigenous and people of color, people with disabilities, generational groups, people who speak many languages and are of diverse national origins.
It is widely stated—and supported by studies—that candidates, especially women, are less likely to apply for a job unless they believe they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. Our recruitment and hiring goals include hiring the candidate who is best able to meet the performance objectives of the role. We encourage people with non-traditional skill sets and experiences to apply, even if you believe you do not meet 100% of the qualifications and hiring criteria described.
This position performs a variety of general program duties relating to reference services for adults; assists patrons in use of technology, offers readers advisory, provides reference assistance, content creation and public relations. The Adult Services Librarian is a 20 hour/week position. You would be scheduled for shifts during our hours of operation, currently between 11 am and 6 pm, Tuesday- Saturday. The schedule may change, with notice, if we increase our hours of operation
Examples of Duties and Tasks
- Provides reference services for library patrons, which include conducting reference interviews, conducting research, directing customers to appropriate internal or external sources, matching interest and abilities to library materials.
- Instructs patrons in the use of library materials and technology, the organization of the library, and the use of computer systems. Troubleshoots basic computer problems.
- Maintains and updates information on the library website regarding library services and programing.
- Works with efficiency and accuracy and contributes ideas and solutions to library related activities and problems.
- Ensures a clean, pleasant and safe space for the community to utilize library resources through the enforcement of the library code of conduct.
- Promotes library events and services inside and outside the library.
- Provides courteous customer service with a focus on removing barriers to success.
- Provides general information and training to patrons regarding library programs, procedures, and equipment.
- Performs work in accordance with federal, state, City and library employment and safety laws, rules, and standards.
- Provides assistance in other library areas based on workload needs.
- Maintains proficiency by attending workshops and conferences, working on City and professional committees, reading professional materials, and meeting with others in areas of responsibility.
- Performs related work as required.
Adult Services Librarian (Bilingual)
||City of McMinnville
||$61,944 - 92.928
|Posting Start Date:
||Bilingual skills in Spanish and English are required for this position and we are happy to offer incentive pay to bilingual employees.
Typical Qualifications and Preferred Experience
Typical qualifications are two years of experience working in a library and a bachelor's degree. Any combination of experience, education, and training that prepare a candidate for the role will be considered.
- Principles and practices of library science and the philosophy of public library service;
- Basic library reference services practices and procedures;
- Principles of customer service;
- Knowledge of computer applications in a networked environment;
- Techniques and methods for dealing with difficult situations involving hostile and/or disorderly individuals.
- Operating standard library and office equipment;
- Problem solving and decision making;
- Communicating tactfully and effectively with a variety of individuals including patrons and library staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Learn and implement library policies and reference procedures;
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information;
- Work in a team environment;
- Use sound independent judgement within established guidelines.
||This listing expires on: 8/16/2022