Library Page - Benefitted
Library Page - Benefitted
Jefferson County Public Library
Apply By Jul 5th, 2022
This position creates a positive experience for Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) patrons by shelving, transporting and retrieving materials. Ensures that library patrons are provided with materials in a timely manner. Spot checks books and materials for needed repairs and identifies worn or damaged items for withdrawal/replacement decisions. Answers patron questions about using library resources and locating library materials. Assists with questions and/or problems regarding the circulation of materials, charging and discharging materials. This position also determines the status of overdue materials and takes appropriate action. The page also shelves, processes materials, processes reports; sorts and handles library materials. Employee needs to have the ability to use basic workplace technology including emails, internet and automated software. May also be responsible for answering the telephone, typing, performing data entry and filing. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Participates in tasks such as creating high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs. Creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Instructs patrons in use of self-check-out machines and regularly uses the automatic material handling systems. Processes materials including but not limited to checking library materials in/out. Processes holds and routes materials to other locations as needed. Performs basic author/title and informational searches. Prepares items to be shelved or repaired etc. Maintains records, processes materials form report and assists with various equipment. Along with Operations or supervisor determines status of damaged materials. Maintains a variety of computer and tangible files and generates requests as needed for daily maintenance of library. computers.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Answers in-person inquiries, helps patrons locate needed materials and refers patron to other appropriate assistance. Ensures adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards. Notifies operations or other supervisor(s) of problems as non-routine situations arise. Uses library computer systems & automated equipment. Submits records and reports as required by library management.
- MERCHANDISING: Participates in the design/creation of displays and informational/directional aids. Ensures access to all materials both physical and digital. Assists with the general appearance and safety of the location.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Builds and maintains current knowledge of the library profession by utilizing electronic and physical resources. Stays current on new trends and technologies by participating in trainings and other development activities. Participates in staff and division meetings. May participate on committees and/or task forces as assigned. Suggests best practices and procedures for pages. May assist in coordinating the work of volunteers. Keeps current on library policies and procedures relevant to division and library as a whole. Monitors adherence to Library policies procedure and/or communicates polices to patrons as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
GED, High School Diploma:
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad