PURCELL PUBLIC LIBRARY
919 N. NINTH STREET
PURCELL, OK 73080
POSITION: Library Associate
BEGINNING SALARY: Grade 8, Base ($36,480/yr)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time position 40 hrs/wk. Applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: June 27 through July 10, 2022
Provides high-level customer service to Pioneer Library System customers including reference, reader’s advisory, programming, and outreach; has working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products. Works under the direction of the Purcell Public Library Branch Manager; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university;
- Three years relevant experience;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education and/or experience may be considered;
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Applications accepted June 27 through July 10, 2022. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org – click About Us, Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Knowledge of library policies and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of library circulation practices and procedures as well as reader’s advisory and reference services and functions;
- Skills in working with the public, public speaking and other library programs;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines, and standard office software products, electronic resources, internet and database retrieval;
- Lift up to 25 lbs; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspiring innovation, engagement and learning in our communities
||Pioneer Library System
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 9/28/2022