PART TIME- LIBRARIAN or TRAINEE @ STEM LAB
PART TIME- LIBRARIAN or TRAINEE
@ STEM LAB
The Great Neck Library is seeking an energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian/trainee who believes in providing excellent customer service. The successful candidate must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable in STEM, digital services, video gaming, reference, and reader’s advisory. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities include
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Ability to work with all age groups
- Ability to provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service in a busy 4 location library system;
- A hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Desire to work as a team member and collaborate with co-workers on projects and programs as well as develop and conduct innovative STEM programs for all age groups
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution or completion of 12 credits towards the degree
- For Librarians-New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
25 hours/week, includes Saturdays. Sundays as needed
Starting Salary Range:
Part Time: $25.90 per hour Librarian/$22.07 per Trainee
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by August 12, 2022:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.