Contingent Full Time Levels Assistant Manager (Levels Senior Staff II)**
Previous Applicants are under consideration and need not re-apply
Contingent Full Time
Levels Assistant Manager (Levels Senior Staff II)**
The Great Neck Library is seeking an energetic, creative, flexible, motivated individual with a background in the arts and experience working with teenagers and preteens. The Levels cultural arts center is for teens 7th
grade and up. Levels features weekly classes, weekend events, art shows, theatre productions, as well as an art space with crafting materials and digital video and audio recording facilities for moviemaking, music and more. **This position is currently a contingent permanent position, meaning that this position is left temporarily vacant by reason of a promotion. Full permanency of this position cannot be guaranteed. Should the permanent employee fail to complete the probationary period, such employee has the right to return to their previous position and displace the contingent employee.
Duties and Responsibilities include
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Assist with supervision and oversight of Levels facility, staff, and budget
- Plan and schedule programs for Jr. Levels (5th and 6th grade)
- Develop and implement innovative programs for teens
- Assist with scheduling of staff to provide adequate coverage
- Collaborate with schools and community groups
- Share responsibilities with co-workers and teens on projects and performance events.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated respect, sensitivity, and knowledge of cultural differences
- Function as person-in-charge of the library on scheduled nights and weekends
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with youth
- Computer and Technology proficiency
Full time – 35 hours/week, evening shifts,
Mondays through Thursdays, 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
(Alternating Fridays/Saturdays) -
Fridays, 3:00 pm – 12:00 am, Saturdays, 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Starting Salary Range:
The minimum starting salary is $61,640 commensurate with experience
and qualifications plus full benefit package.
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by August 5, 2022
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.