Teen Librarian - Arvada Library
Apply By Aug 11th, 2022
$47,991.00 to $61,188.00 per Year
Link to Apply
The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Librarian advises patrons on appropriate materials for JCPL. The Librarian uses high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs. Creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Provides access to resources, including the physical and digital resources of the system. May be a generalist or specialize in services to specific market segments (Children, Teens, Adults, Seniors, Spanish Speaking and Digital Resources). Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Performs moderately to highly complex research activities. Advises patrons on appropriate materials. Handles difficult questions referred by other Library employees. Refers patrons to community resources and/or other appropriate resources for further information as necessary. Uses high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs. Creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Provides access to resources, including the physical and digital resources of the system. Presents programs classes and workshops in the Library and at off-site locations. Conducts Library tours and community outreach. Promotes programs to target audiences. Initiates, develops and presents programs and activities, including seasonal programs. Develops and provides library instruction and patron education to the public, individually and in groups.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICES: Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives. Routinely provides direct customer service. Creates access to Library resources both physical and digital. Creates content for website through social media, content management systems and other means in this medium. Assists with evaluating and maintaining the existing collection through recommendations and weeding of materials. Collects and tabulates data. May prepare records and reports. Assists in promoting Library programs and serves as an expert. Participates in the design and creation of displays, bulletin boards, signs, poster and informational/directional aids and special exhibits. Identifies program needs. Maintains data pertaining to attendance and program participation.
- DAILY OPERATIONS: Assists in creating a positive and inviting atmosphere. Develops collections and ensures access to all materials both physical and digital. Assumes responsibility for the general appearance and safety of the division and Library service as a whole. Resolves problems as non-routine situations arise. Assumes responsibility for the operations of the Library, in the absence of the manager. Takes appropriate actions for disturbances and other emergencies. Requests facility or equipment maintenance services. Services as Person In Charge on a routine basis for their local location.
- OVERSIGHT: May assist in hiring, assigning, training, mentoring, directing, supervising and evaluating the activities of other staff. Assists in supervising the collection maintenance of ancillary staff. Ensures adherence to established policies, procedure and standards. Assists and advises subordinates as necessary. Provides guidance and support in daily operations to ancillary staff and volunteers. May coordinate the work and schedules of ancillary of staff and volunteers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred - Master's In Library Science or Library Information Systems
Preferred - One year of public library experience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Link to Apply