Library Systems Department Head
Apply on website: https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/48186
12-month tenured position
Reporting to the Dean of Library, the Library Systems Department Head is responsible for providing high-quality, robust management of library systems (applications and hardware) that facilitate search, discovery, and delivery of library services and resources. The Library Systems Department Head works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, to support the discoverability of library resources in both the physical and digital realms. This position plays a key role in NMSU
Library’s integrated information technology-library ecosystem. This Library Systems Department Head is tasked with managing current systems and works on projects to deliver new services of high-quality to support an intensive research and multi-disciplined environment. As a member of the library faculty, pursues an active and ongoing program of professional development appropriate for rank at the university. Ensures compliance with relevant library and university policies and procedures, including department head roles and responsibilities as specified in New Mexico State University Administrative Rules and Procedures (ARP
). 6.72-Department Heads Responsibilities.
As a member of the library faculty, is responsible for achieving in the following
- Scholarship and Creative Activity
- Outreach and Extension (when appropriate)
Specific duties of the incumbent include the following:
- Oversees internal systems administration for NMSU Library and IT-related workflows and infrastructure
- Monitors the trends in the field and implements new and emerging library data management applications and knowledge systems, such as next generation library catalogs, aggregated discovery tools, research and collaboration systems, instructional technology, digital archives, and simulation and presentation tools
- Works closely with library staff, the systems unit, and other organizational entities within NMSU and NMSU Library to ensure systems are optimized for all library operations.
- Maintains up to date documentation regarding systems, policies, procedures and practices.
- Promotes a diverse environment.
New Mexico State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minorities, Females, Veterans, and those with a Disability are encouraged to apply.
Library Systems Department Head
||New Mexico State University Library
||Las Cruces, NM
||Commensurate with education & experience
|Posting Start Date:
Preferred Qualifications (optional):
- Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or from a program in a country with a formal accreditation process as identified by ALA’s Human Resource Development and Recruitment Office
- Five years of supervisory experience in complex systems environment in an academic, public, or corporate library environment
- Three years of experience with integrated library systems (ILS)
- Successful and proven record to articulate a system-wide perspective for a multi-library campus and effectively implement a collaboratively-developed vision for information technology in a complex research library environment
- Knowledge of current and emerging management trends in search, discovery, and delivery systems and working experience with an automated library systems/platform
- Ability to develop, implement, and assess business proposals and plans specifically information technology proposals and projects
- Demonstrated proficiency and capabilities with personal computers and software (MS Office, productivity software, and other library-relevant information technology applications.
- Commitment to fostering a diverse educational environment and workplace and an ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty and student and of users’ research library population
- Capacity to thrive in a rapidly changing, future-oriented environment of an aspirational RI research institution and to respond effectively to changing New Mexico State University needs and priorities
- Strong ability to effectively supervise and mentor staff in a team-based model
- Demonstrated evidence of effective organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, and customer service skills
- Experience with EZProxy or OpenAthens
- Experience with Shibboleth and SAML authentication protocols
- Windows/Unix scripting and File Transfer Protocols (FTP)
- Basic Data Warehouse Experience (SQL)
||This listing expires on: 1/5/2023