Noche de Cuentos Mini-Grants
The application deadline for the 2023 Noche de Cuentos Mini-Grants has been extended to October 20, 2023.
Noche de Cuentos
REFORMA believes that storytelling and oral traditions are key to the transmission and preservation of culture, as well as a significant tool in developing literacy skills. Noche de Cuentos
was launched in 2010 to promote and preserve the art of storytelling within our Latino communities in the U.S.
2023 Noche de Cuentos Mini-Grants Program
REFORMA will award up to 10 mini-grants of $500
to support Noche de Cuentos programs between the months of September and December.
- Public libraries, academic libraries, school libraries, and community organizations in the United States, including Puerto Rico, are eligible to apply.
- The library or the person submitting the application must be a current member of REFORMA.
- The program must celebrate Latino culture. Proposed programs must focus on oral traditions and be storytelling-based, with an emphasis on cultural literacy activities.
- Funds will be provided to pay for hired storyteller/performer, and to support other related expenses such as publicity, materials, decorations, and refreshments - as specified in your proposal. Only 20% of money can be spent on refreshments.
- The program must take place between the months of September and December 2023. Virtual or in-person.
- Winners must agree that publicity for their event will identify REFORMA as sponsor/partial sponsor. Winners agree to use the Noche de Cuentos program logo and flyer/poster templates provided by REFORMA.
- Winners must submit a final report by January 31, 2024.
- Winners must be willing to have their program featured on the REFORMA website, listserv, social media accounts, and Newsletter both in written and photographic detail.
- Applications must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) on October 20, 2023.
September 20, 2023.
Selection criteria will be based on:
- Focus on oral traditions & storytelling celebrating Latino culture
- Creativity of the program
- Community involvement and Impact
- Promotional plan
Winners must submit a final report by January 31, 2024, to include:
- Photos of the event
- Number of participants
- Ages of participants
- List and description of activities
- List of other pertinent information that you would like to share about your program
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- October 20, 2023
September 5-20, 2023 - Last day to submit proposals
September 21-24 - Proposals will be reviewed
- October 27, 2023
September 26-28 - Winners will be announced
- September-December - Libraries host Noches de Cuentos
- January 31, 2024 - Reports due to the REFORMA