REFORMA National Program Grant
Criteria & Proposal Submission Guidelines 2019 Announcement
● The REFORMA National Program Grant will be given every year based on the availability of funds.
● The award winner(s) will be announced on January 28, 2020 during ALA’s Mid-Winter Conference in Philadelphia.
● The deadline for submitting an application has been extended to January 6, 2020
REFORMA National Program Grant Criteria
● This award is open to active REFORMA Chapters and Member-at-Large. Applicants must be current due paying members.
● Program Grants awarded up to a maximum of $500 are to be used for library projects or programs for children, young adults, or adults that furthers the mission of REFORMA National.
● The REFORMA National Executive Board will select a committee of three (3) from its Board of Directors who will review applications and announce the award.
● Applications should be submitted electronically using the REFORMA National Grant Program Google Application.
● The deadline for submitting an application has been extended to January 6, 2020.
● The announcement of the winner(s) of the REFORMA National Program Grant will be made on January, 28th, 2020.
● The Chapter or Member-at-Large who receives the Program Grant is required to submit an article with photos to the REFORMA National Newsletter about his/her project and to present a summary in person at a local chapter meeting within one year of acceptance.
● The report and photos (submit a written release statement if children are present in photos) will be uploaded to the REFORMA National’s website.
● The Chapter or Member-at-Large may be asked to do a presentation at a conference (ALA Annual, JCLC or REFORMA National Conference).
REFORMA National Program Grant Application
The REFORMA National Program Grant is a grant of up to $500 awarded to an active REFORMA Chapter and Members-at-Large that wishes to apply for funds to work on a special project that benefits the Latino/Spanish speaking within their community.
In order to properly evaluate the submission, please answer each question completely.
1. Title of the project
2. Name, title, institutional affiliation, and full contact information (including a valid email address) for each applicant.
3. A short biographical profile of Reformistas who are applying for the grant.
4. Include an Essay of 300-500 words.
5. Audience reached through this project: Who will benefit from this program/project?
6. How will you advertise for this program/project? Please note that the REFORMA National Program Grant Award should be credited in all publicity.
7. Budget: Submit a budget demonstrating how you will use the $500 award.
8. Evaluation: How will you evaluate the program/project? An evaluation tool should be used to assess the outcome of the program/project. You can learn more about project outcomes here.
The deadline for submitting an application has been extended to January 6, 2020
Applications should be submitted electronically using the REFORMA National Grant Program Google Application.