2022 Día Mini-Grants Winners
Congratulations! REFORMA Día Mini-Grants Winners 2022
We're excited to announce the winners of the 2022 REFORMA Día Mini-Grants. The winners were selected based on the creativity of the program, level of community involvement, and impact of the project as it best highlights Latinx authors, performers, and culture.
Each organization will receive $300 to support a virtual or in-person Día program that celebrates Latino culture.
- Albany Public Library / LaRee Dominguez - Albany, OR
- Chicago Heights Public Library / Joelle Wake - Chicago Heights, IL
- Roseland Regional Library, Sonoma County Library / Monica Samantha Hernandez - Santa Rosa, CA
- Takoma Park Maryland Library / Verónica Rivera-Negrón - Takoma Park, MD
- REFORMA de Nuevo Mexico / Flo Trujillo - Las Cruces, MX
REFORMA thanks the 2022 Día Mini-Grants Selection Committee:
- Anna Avalos, Senior Librarian, Multilingual Collections, Los Angeles Public Library
- Maria F. Estrella, Chair of REFORMA's Children's and Young Adult Services Committee (CAYASC), Cleveland Public Library
- Ann Crewdson, Children's Specialist, King County Library System, Issaquah/Riverview Region
- Vitalina Nova, Education Librarian, Charles Library, Temple University
The Mini-Grants Program coordinator is Madeline Peña, Principal Librarian for Community Engagement and Outreach, Los Angeles Public Library; REFORMA President 2018-19; REFORMA Technology Committee Co-Chair.
We thank everyone who applied for our Día Mini-Grant Program. We received 23 eligible submissions.
REFORMA is committed to supporting programming for Latino and Spanish-speaking communities through our Mini-Grants Programs. If you'd like to support future Mini-Grants, consider making a donation to REFORMA at reforma.org/donate.\
¡Felicidades a los ganadores!